With all of our HyperVM VPS's it is possible to set a Reverse DNS record for the IP(s) assigned to you. It can be important to set a rDNS record for your IP(s) if you use your VPS to send email. However, it is not always necessary to set a rDNS record and is completely optional.
This is how you can setup a Reverse DNS record for your dedicated IP assigned to your VPS.
1. Make sure you are logged in your HyperVM VPS Control Panel.
2. Under the box labeled "Extra" you will see an icon that says "Reverse Dns". Click on that.
3. Then you will choose an IP of yours from the "Ipaddress" dropdown box for which you would like to enter in a Reverse DNS entry.
4. For the "Reversenam" field input box you will then enter in what you want the rDNS record to be. EX: www.yourdomain.com
5. Then click "Add" and you are finished! You will then need to allow 24-48 hours for the rDNS changes to propagate to our DNS cluster and to the DNS servers around the world.
If you have any issues with this, please open a ticket with our Support Department.